[Tig] HD-CAM to inferno - bad reults

Michael Burton mburton
Sun Dec 2 22:27:07 GMT 2001

To get good results off the HDCAM in and out of Inferno, you will need to
switch the I/O to 8 bit on the VTR. Although the interface is 10 bit, the
compression format is 8 bit. The noise you are seeing is colour space
conversion, 8 bit YCC to 10 bit YCC to 10 bit RGB and vice versa.

Michael Burton
Operations Manager
Cutting Edge Post
Brisbane, Australia