[Tig] Rank MkIII with a HDTV output?

stuart stuart
Wed Dec 5 03:08:14 GMT 2001

Hello Everyone,
    I remember reading in a Rank manual that the telecine operates internally, at about 800 lines (before the digiscan). And those 800 lines are progressive not interlaced.  If that is true, then how difficult would it be to take that output at 24 frames a sec., and convert it to the digital 24 Frame progressive video format.   How would aspect ratio come into play here. I'm sure other people have already thought of this but it might be interesting to discuss it on the tig.

Stuart Debenham
Debenham Media Group