[Tig] Colorist Job Description?

Grant Petty grantpetty
Sat Nov 3 21:27:58 GMT 2001

Hi,

How about describing it as "designing the way the images on television
look. By manipulating the color you can change the entire mood and
feeling on a scene, like music does, and that's what you do".

I think it's quite easy to describe what you guys do, if you keep it
simple like that.

You try explaining to little old Grandma that you fix a telecine. Now
that's hard to describe! It's the engineers who have it hard here. My
brother used to love telling people I fixed televisions for a living. Of
course when he left school and got a job himself, as a plumber, I told
people he dug holes for a living.

Regards,

Grant Petty
Blackmagic-Design.