[Tig] RE: Compressed Grade Transfers

Grant Petty grantpetty
Mon Nov 5 00:39:52 GMT 2001

Hi,

Of course, you could add a "flat" setting to the monitor preferences, if
you have one of those flashy new monitors with the presets that can be
recalled under software control. That should produce something that
could be calibrated facility wide.

I think it would be fairly easy to product a special PLUGE or other test
signal to make sure all the monitors are calibrated.

Funny how the simple things be overlooked!

It would be much easer to be able to edit with flat material using the
flat grade idea, and then tape to tape grade the edit, than to have to
re capture all the material back into the edit from a second better
grade tape. Anything that can speed up the edit process makes you more
efficient than the competition.

With the cost of disks now, there is becoming a much less need to
offline or to have to recapture material back into the editing system
again. This is time consuming and for standard definition not as
important as a year or two ago.

Regards,

Grant.
Blackmagic Design