[Tig] Color Correction Classes

MLcoloring at aol.com MLcoloring
Thu Nov 15 22:26:49 GMT 2001

I would like to make an announcement which may be of interest to TIG members.
 I am offering the following 3 classes open to all professionals and
students; The Colorist as the Color Artist, 2K Super Vector, 2K Power
Tiers/Defocus/Key.  This event will be held at the Los Angeles Film School in
Hollywood and is sponsored by daVinci.  Website registration is at <A HREF="http://www.davsys.com/LA_classes.htm">
http://www.davsys.com/LA_classes.htm</A>.

Thank you,
Mary Lee Parisi
daVinci 2K Instructor and Colorist
MLcoloring at aol.com
818-360-2352

The Colorist as the Color Artist
DV101
Course Description:
This course will discuss what is color and light; the psychophysical aspects
of color and our historical pursuit for color in the captured image.  This
class will concentrate on the union of color aesthetics with technology.
Specifically, the art of color correction in a transfer session.  What is the
role of the Colorist?  How does the 2K Image Enhancer assist the Colorist in
reaching his/her creative goals? Lecture will include demonstration of
creative and practical applications of the daVinci 2K Image Enhancement
System.
2 ? hour day or weekend
Saturday, December 1 at 12:30-3:00pm
Thursday, December 6 at 12:30-3:00pm
Course fee: $250.00

2K Super Vector
This course is a daVinci 2K operational workshop for Colorists. This class is
an introduction to Primary, Secondary and Power Window features of the 2K
Image Enhancement System. Class size will be limited to ensure hands-on
training.
2 ? hour day or evening
Wednesday, November 28 at 6:45-9:15pm
Thursday, December 6 at 3:15-5:45pm
Course fee: $250.00

2K Power Tiers/Defocus/Key
This course is a daVinci 2K operational workshop for Colorists.  This class
will discuss practical applications of the 2K Image Enhancement System using
advanced techniques.  Class size will be limited to ensure hands-on training.
2 ? hour evening
Wednesday, December 5 at 6:45-9:15pm
Thursday, December 6 at 6:45-9:15pm
Course fee: $250.00