[Tig] How to search for video artifacts?

bob at bluescreen.com bob
Mon Nov 26 19:31:05 GMT 2001

>I have found that compressors have a hard time with slow fades to black of
>static scenes and white credit rolls on black. Both are common in TV and
>Film real world programs. An acceptable codec should not produce any
>distractions in this type of material.

Yes, the fades to black on DTV images (MPEG2) are outrageously bad. It
feels as if someone is slowly turning a big rotary switch of the type used
to change channels in very old TV tuners. Just abysmal.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTE? compositing.