[Tig] Telecine type overview

Grant Petty grantpetty
Sat Oct 6 01:20:33 BST 2001

Hi,

I think its worth adding to your list the Philips telecine for Standard
Definition work, as its amazing for that. I think scanning film at high
resolution and then down converting with the right anti-aliasing
filtering looks incredible. The Sprit does some of the best SD work I
have ever seen.

I have been looking at some of the HD film transfers, and I tend to
think the Sprit would look better with a 4 K scan at HD down converted
to 2K HD though.

I have heard there is an option for this coming, is this true? Can it be
fitted to a current Sprit?

Sorry if this has been covered on the TIG already, as I only just got
back onto the list!

Regards,

Grant Petty.
Blackmagic-Design.
www.blackmagic-design.com

On Tuesday, October 2, 2001, at 05:51  AM, David L. Tosh wrote:

> Philips Spirit DataCine:
>   The line array CCD telecine that dominates HD suites today. It has
> Kodak developed optics and is capable of both standard definition and
> HD transfer in almost any format thought of. It scans film at

This email is confidential and privileged. Only the intended recipient
may access or use it.? If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete this email and notify us promptly. I use virus scanning software
but exclude all liability for viruses or similar in any attachment.

Grant Petty
Blackmagic-Design

Unit 8, 212 Walsh Street
South Yarra,