[Tig] Spirit Shutdown

Robert Lovejoy rlovejoy
Fri Oct 12 02:26:42 BST 2001

Just curious,
     I was wondering if any Spirit operators shut down power to the machine
either nightly or over the weekend.  When our machine was installed they
recommended we leave it on constantly as the power cycling would impact bulb
life.
    However, bulbs are relatively inexpensive compared to the power draw of
even an idle Spirit.  I may be willing to lose a few hours of bulb life if
the savings on the electric bill make it worthwhile economically.
     Looking forward to your thoughts...

Bob Lovejoy
Shooters Post & Transfer
Philadelphia, PA