[Tig] Flex file conversion

Martin Euredjian ecinema
Fri Oct 12 18:30:55 BST 2001

From: "Jeff Booth" <jeff.booth at sohogroup.com>

> I have an urgent need to convert either ALE files or FLX files to FTL
> format. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

I don't know the format for FTL files, but I've done this sort of thing many
times using a combination of MS Word and MS Excel.

In Word you can either use the Macro facilities to automate simple actions
(moving things around, add or reduce spaces, search and replace, etc.).  For
more complex conversions the integrated VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)
can be used to perform as sophisticated a task as you can imagine.  For
example, I've written little routines that recognize the file format upon
function to the file.  This is great to hand-over to an operator and have
them process a whole pile of files.  You can even control the saving and
naming of the modified files.

Excel offers similar functionality.  You could then output the file as a
comma-delimited ASCII document, load it into Word and format it as required.

-Martin Euredjian
eCinema Systems, Inc.
(661) 305-9320
ecinema at pacbell.net