[Tig] Oil, acrylic, and watercolors [was: July 11 LA Times]

Rob Lingelbach rob
Fri Aug 2 19:51:24 BST 2002

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 10:04:46AM -0500, Craig Leffel wrote:

> Ahh one more from the Rob Lingelbach school of humility. I say that because
> Rob and I have discussed this one before. I think that if you bother to do
> something for a living, you should do it well. You should believe you do it
> well. You should not be afraid to say so.

i wouldn't necessarily call it fear, more like plausible reticence; my
presumptions of my own ability undergo revision when I encounter a new
or unique situation.

Working with undergraduate and graduate students the past couple of
years has brought me an appreciation of the typical college student's
refreshing probity and lack of pretense.

Rob Lingelbach      http://www.alegria.com       rlingelb at ucla.edu
Senior Colorist, UCLA Film and Television Archive  rob at calarts.edu