[Tig] Re: MTV Music awards

Erik Utter eriku
Fri Aug 30 18:41:43 BST 2002

As I understand it, the show was shot in 24p and down converted for the
network,..  to lend a film look.  My issue with it was the disconnect I felt
from it being a "live" show.  It looked and felt more like a film
documentary.

-----Original Message-----
From: tig-admin at tig.alegria.com [mailto:tig-admin at tig.alegria.com]On
Behalf Of Greg Dildine
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 10:17 AM
To: tig at tig.alegria.com
Subject: [Tig] Re: MTV Music awards

Was there a color enhancement system and/or Colorist involved in the show
last night?  Anyone else have any thoughts or comments on the stylized look
of the multi-cam live show?  It was "different."  I personally didn't care
for the temporal resolution part of the "look."

--
Greg Dildine
Senior Colorist
greg.dildine at finishedit.com

--
No marketing or advertising on the tig.  (help wanted ads excepted)
Send such submissions to rob at tig.alegria.com.