[Tig] Entry position as a colorists and telecine operator

Rob Lingelbach rob
Sat Jan 26 01:01:43 GMT 2002

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 11:47:23AM -0800, Knudson-Kevin wrote:

> I'm new to the list and I would like to know if anyone can recommend any classes or
> books to become a colorists.  I'm in California and I use
> Aftereffects,Commotion,Combustion,Final Cut Pro,Avid.

Kevin, let me know if you don't get any responses to this, I'm thinking some
subscribers may respond to you privately.

I don't remember ever seeing on the TIG mailinglist a request for information like
yours, from someone who is using desktop tools for color work-- most of the
subscribers, if not all, are using dedicated hardware.  But I think the definition
of "colorist" has been expanding, to include your situation.

--Rob

--
Rob Lingelbach                          http://www.alegria.com
Sysadm, Computer Animation Lab            rob at film.calarts.edu