[Tig] JL Cooper MCS Colorist Control Station, Avid Xpress

Grant Petty grantpetty
Fri Jul 12 02:56:36 BST 2002

Hi,

This is something we have all been interested in for a while. I don't
think it's going to replace dedicated color correction, but it will make
adding color treatments to jobs easer. Things will be a lot more
flexible.

As far as I know the Avid Xpress does not work with QuickTime, so you
cannot use it with any hardware boards like ours. It's limited to DV
only as far as I know, so this is a it of a limitation. You might have
to look at Final Cut Pro as it works with everything from HD to DV. I am
not sure if JL Cooper control panel is supported in Final Cut Pro, but
it must be supported in something, or they would not have made it.

Do you have a link to check the info on the control panel?

Regards,

Grant
Blackmagic Design
www.blackmagic-design.com

On Friday, July 12, 2002, at 11:43  AM, EricksonTelecine at aol.com wrote:

> Anyone playing yet with JL Cooper's  MCS Colorist Control Station?  It
> would
> be interesting to match something like this with new Avid Xpress 3.5
> with
> color correction, finally breaking through the absurd cost barrier for
> SD
> color correctors over the last decade...
>
> Tape-to-tape in one's living room on a Mac with a real control
> surface----final blow to the exclusivity of our profession?
>
> Usual disclaimer.
>
> Jim Erickson
> www.EricksonArchival.com
>
> --
> No marketing or advertising on the tig.  (help wanted ads excepted)
> Send such submissions to rob at tig.alegria.com.
>  to promote products without disclaiming financial interest.
> --
> Thank you Alan Davis for supporting the TIG.
>
> Copyright policy at http://www.alegria.com/tig3/info.html#copyright

This email is confidential and privileged. Only the intended recipient
may access or use it.? If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete this email and notify us promptly. I use virus scanning software
but exclude all liability for viruses or similar in any attachment.

Grant Petty
Blackmagic Design

12 Thistlethwaite Street,
South Melbourne, Victoria,