[Tig] RererereLATimes

JSnopes at aol.com JSnopes
Fri Jul 26 03:47:56 BST 2002

bwychgel at yahoo.com wrote:

>Digital projection gives a cleaner, stable image to
>the audience,

Yes, but with less resolution.  I saw a test of "Clones" shown at NAB on
a Christie DLP projector.  I was in the second row.  Jaggies galore.  Not
a pleasant experience...  1280 x 1024 can't compare to a frame of 35mm.

The new JVC 2K D-ILA was a lot more impressive -- I could walk up to the
screen, and at under a foot, barely see pixels.  This is the techology
Kodak is embracing for their digital cinema efforts.

But remember, there's no incentive for the theaters to go digital -- they
won't sell any more popcorn...

Jeff "buttered" Kreines