[Tig] a tale of woodstock.

Rob Lingelbach robling
Thu Sep 12 02:44:22 BST 2002

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 10:44:17AM +1000, John Walsh wrote:

> aware that the founder and original owner of the Talkback company Clear-Com,
> Bob Cohen built and connected some fairly crude small boxes with headsets

very interesting, and clear-com was the only option for headset
system in the 80's anyway.

> Yet again !!, nothing to do with Telecine

ok, the rule should be that if you're posting this kind of
stuff- and i'm the one who probably does it the most- you have to
present it in such a way that it applies to telecine, in an
unforced, subtle manner.  The best of these inventions will be
rewarded with nods and nudges of understated esteem from your
colleagues.

Incidentally, I had forgotten to mention that the tape shot at
Woodstock of my friend playing offstage between Hendrix sets was
recorded on half inch reel-to-reel b+w.  Was there ever a
telecine transfer done to such a medium?
:\

--
Rob Lingelbach   colorist in consequence, neo-ideologue
UCLA Film and Television Archive    robling at ucla.edu
http://www.alegria.com              rob at alegria.com
       public key available on keyservers.