[Tig] professionalism

Rob Lingelbach rob
Fri Sep 20 02:59:04 BST 2002

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 02:26:01PM -0700, Patrick Gregston wrote:
> I have also heard it defined as "one who has the ability to do their utmost
> for those with whom one has no sympathy."

another good definition.

> Knowing your job well enough to do it while in a haze or mentally and
> emotionally elsewhere may be professional, or could be habit.

the habit bit it seems like might be revealingly insincere,
however, though by definition the professional attitude may have
to be somewhat insincere.

--
Key fingerprint = 3467 732F 283D 210F 2CEB  F3C0 7C06 AE86 D447 AB37
Rob Lingelbach  Senior Colorist UCLA Film and Television Archive
robling at ucla.edu   http://www.alegria.com        rob at alegria.com
public key available on keyservers.