[tig] Re: [Post] Cable labels (was HDTV Colour)

John Willkie johnwillkie
Sat Aug 2 02:10:24 BST 2003

Here's an idea (and I thought was the standard): number the cables, with --
suprise -- the same numbers at both ends.  Enter the numbers into a
database.  When the functional description of the circuit changes from, say
"SAT 1 Vid Out" to "M/C Pvw Out" one just changes the description in the
database, and never touch the label(s).

John Willkie