[tig] DI systems in operation?

Mike Chiado mchiado
Mon Aug 11 22:01:45 BST 2003

Greg,

We used a Sony HD crt monitor with a nonstandard setup.  The monitor was fed
with a single-link HD signal from the iQ.

For creating the grading list, the iQ and da vinci where connected in a loop
with dual-link RGB HD.  For processing the 2K data files, the iQ and da
vinci used dual-link HDSL instead of HD.

There were a few rescans required due to human error.  Repositioning was
handled with the da vinci controlling the iQ as part of the list.
Otherwise, the original log scans from the Spirit allowed Stefan and Michael
Bay to get looks they were after.

Mike Chiado
CO3

 | > |
 | > | What did they use to do the film output on BB2 and Pirates? Where was
 | >that done?
 | > |
 | > | How happy were you with the match of what you were seeing during the
 | >grading process
 | > | and what ended up on film? (How
 | > | closely matched were the LUTs for your monitor and film stock?)
 | > |
 | > | Mike Chiado wrote:
 | > |

 | >an iQ,