[tig] 2 perf

Marc Wielage mfw
Sat Aug 16 09:01:12 BST 2003

On 8/16/03 12:26 AM, "Graham Collett"
<grahamcollett at sprockets-telecine.co.uk> wrote:

> Someone asked me the question the other day, where do i go for a 2 perf
> camera ?  Imagine my reply !
> 2 perf was also called Techniscope  ------   any idea's please !

There was Techniscope, which used a 2-perf intermittent movement, and then
there was Super-Techniscope, which used 4-perf full-ap (ala Super 35) but
masked off the top and bottom in a 2.35 aspect ratio.  The details are here:

As far as finding a 2-perf camera, I would ask one of these U.S. firms:

Arriflex USA
Burbank, CA
(818) 841-7070

Claremont Camera
863 W. Foothill Blvd.
Claremont, CA 91711
(909) 626-2219

6219 DeSoto Avenue
Woodland Hills, CA
(800) 454-4334
(818) 316-1000
(818) 316-1111

I suspect Claremont will be your best bet, since they specialize in selling
and modifying Arriflex cameras and lenses.  I tend to doubt if a new 2-perf
camera can be purchased, but I'm sure that you could get a 4-perf model
modified, given enough time and money.

Just curious:  why would you want to shoot 2-perf, when 3-perf cameras are
much more plentiful?

--Marc Wielage/Cinesite Digital Imaging
  Hollywood, USA

[Note: the opinions expressed expressed above are strictly my own, and not
necessarily that of my employers.]