[tig] Daddy's Boy (HDcam to 35mm 2.35)

Rob Lingelbach rob
Mon Dec 1 17:37:57 GMT 2003

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 01:28:02AM -0800, Bill Hogan wrote:

> And then even more amazing was the quality of the IMAX blow up that resulted
> when these few 810 lines were increased to a IMAX image for the release of Star
> Wars Episode II.

converting 810 lines to IMAX -- wouldn?t that be something
like watching a large HD video monitor at a distance of only
a few inches?  It surprises me when I see in store
showrooms, standard-def projection televisions that blow up
an image such that scan lines are obvious from 15 feet away,
and then that people buy them.

--Rob
Rob Lingelbach
tig founder, unix system administrator