[tig] Bright Lights and Sneezes

Rob Lingelbach rob
Tue Dec 9 17:37:16 GMT 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 09:52:39AM +0000, Adrian Thomas wrote:

> I thought that squinting improved your focus by simply further
> "stopping down" your iris. I've always found that you could get a
> similar pinhole effect by looking between a very small opening in your
> fingers. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that you're not squashing your eyeball
> when you squint.

this question still is unresolved for me Adrian, Dave
Pickett posted here that he concurred with me that the
squinting changes the shape of the eyeball, which we know
changes focus.  I did some experiments today with squinting
and with just stopping down the light entering the eye and
they both seem to affect my ability to focus at a distance.

--Rob

Rob Lingelbach
tig founder, unix system administrator
http://www.colorist.org