[tig] 3 perf

Jeff Booth jeff.booth
Sun Dec 14 09:44:46 GMT 2003

3 perf has an aspect ratio of 1.78:1. That means the 4 perf material will
also have to be framed 1.78 as well. The only thing you will not be able to
do is cut the negative (because the 3 and 4 perf cannot be mixed on the same
roll, as you cannot project it).

If you are finishing on tape, then no problem. Assuming you have punched the
negative and are referencing the hole punch to a known timecode, then the
EDL doesn't care how many perforations there are to a frame as a frame of
film = a frame of timecode (if you have transferred everything at 25fps).

Let me know how you get on.

Jeff Booth
Soho Images
London

-----Original Message-----
From: tig-admin at tig.colorist.org [mailto:tig-admin at tig.colorist.org] On
Behalf Of Martin Wells
Sent: 10 December 2003 07:54
To: tig at tig.colorist.org
Subject: [tig] 3 perf

TIG Optional Tweaker and Lifetime Achievement Award nominations requested.
Details at http://tig.colorist.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/TigAwards
--
Hi all,
I am starting work on a commercial that was partially shot on 3 perf 35mm

Cheers,
Martin Wells
Stockholm Post Production

--
Help wanted ads are welcome here on the main TIG; blatant advertising or
marketing is not but can be sent to tig-announce at tig.colorist.org.