[tig] Digital Screening of "Once upon a Time in Mexico" in Hollywood

Bill Hogan billhogan1
Mon Dec 15 06:35:37 GMT 2003

Below is the announcement for the Digital Screening of the production. This
release was shot by Robert Rodriguez before and not finished until after the
release of the Spy Kids series.

Admission is FREE and you can register here:
http://www.etcenter.org/Seminars.asp

This screening is on the newly installed TI 2048 x 1080 DLP projector. One of
the first installations in the world.

This production was shot on the Sony F900 Camcorder. Perhaps Sean can remind us
of some of the details.  I have seen the Digital Cinema release that will be
screened on Monday Night in Hollywood and am quite impressed.  Don't bad mouth
this production or Robert Rodriguez unless you have seen it.  I think that it is
quite exceptional in a very positive way.  The Digital Cinema Color correction
done at Post Logic in Hollywood is incredible.  The film release of the
production is no indication of what can be accomplished by shooting on HD.

Film details here: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0285823/

Come see for yourself.

Regards, Bill Hogan
=========
The Entertainment Technology Center at USC?s Digital Cinema Laboratory
resumes its series of digitally presented motion pictures. Our next screening is
"Once Upon A Time In Mexico" (digital release courtesy of Columbia Pictures
and Dimension Films). The screening will be held on December 15, 2003 at 7:00
PM. at the Lab?s historic Pacific Theater location -- 6433 Hollywood Blvd.,
between Wilcox Ave. and Cahuenga Blvd.

Admission is free, but limited to film and television union and guild members,
entertainment company employees and film students, accompanied by one
guest. Attendees can register for the screenings by logging onto etcenter.org.

Proof of professional and/or business affiliation (guild or union card, business
card, student ID, etc.) must be presented at the night of the screening.

"We want to provide those involved in the technology, creative, production and
business side of the industry the chance to see motion pictures projected
digitally in the best possible light," said CEO/executive director Charles S.
Swartz.

Go to http://www.etcenter.org/Seminars.asp to register.