[tig] More MKIII Madness

lunarfilms lunarfilms
Mon Dec 15 18:47:00 GMT 2003

At 12:23 AM 12/16/2003 +1100, you wrote:
>TIG Optional Tweaker and Lifetime Achievement Award nominations
>requested.  Details at http://tig.colorist.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/TigAwards
>--
>
>I wish you the best, Robert,
>you are obviously a person who can tweak..
>And a well tweaked Mk3 could surprise.
>If you sell all 4, does that get you an ursa?
>And a few less tweaks?
>
>disclaimer...I just use em...
>Peter Balfour
>
>I do not think all 4 (the 2 I just got are really just parts machines) and
>the copuricus CC would even get me close to a URSA. I would prefer not to
>have to tweek at all and get a new machine but we are just not in that
>category right now. Cinelab is a small but good film processing lab in new
>england (www.cinelab.com) we are just coming on line with transfer and
>cannot afford better equipment.

Additionally I am a Film maker who is trying to bring TK more in house to
reduce my capital expenditures and I do have some technical knowledge and
ability (ex. I used to run a Scanning Electron Microscope at a job in the
past) so right now it makes sense for to spend a little time getting these
machines going because the capital is not there and we are not trying to
compete with the hi end Boston market (there is a URSA and a Shadow in Boston).

One of my big questions is wether the Quattroscan is a better unit than the
Digi4 it is 4:4:4 and the Digi4 is 4:2:2 so my initial assumption is that
it is the better picture am I wrong?

-Rob-

Robert Houllahan
Filmmaker