[tig] Questions about 1937 Robin Hood restoration

David L. Tosh dlt
Tue Dec 16 05:24:09 GMT 2003

This past Saturday the Hollywood SMPTE section screened the 1937
"Robin Hood" movie on a 2K TI projector at the ETC theater in
Hollywood. I didn't go and had reports of "film weave and fuzz stuck
in the aperture."

I remember some discussion either here or on CML about the
restoration process and was wondering if we could get a detailed
description of what was done on the title and what element(s) were
available for the source. No criticism is implied (I heard the colors
were very satisfying) I was just wondering about the process and prep
for the DC projection.

--
David Tosh
TIG co-administrator <mailto:tig-admin at colorist.org>