[Tig] color desk controls/TOPSY

EricksonTelecine at aol.com EricksonTelecine
Fri Feb 28 01:34:00 GMT 2003

In a message dated 2/27/03 7:35:49 PM, rlovejoy at comcast.net writes:

> I remember the TOPSY used three joysticks, with a master level knob at
> the top of each stick, allowing you to set master levels whilst [note
> britspeak] balancing primaries.? This allowed for four separate
> simultaneous
> adjustments!

If anyone is curious about this, I can send you a picture of the Amigo I am
still using to this day...for the money, it works just fine, even for
scene-to-scene.   It won't be replaced for such work until I can find a new
software based SD system with scene detection and a better control surface
than a mouse for under 20K.     Crappy mouse control aside, none of the
inexpensive solutions from Avid or Apple are going to be worth looking at
until scene detection is added.

Jim Erickson
Erickson Archival Telecine, LLC
www.ericksonarchival.com