[tig] technique shared?

Rob Lingelbach rob
Thu Jul 31 16:37:15 BST 2003

when I'm working on a trailer or other zero-cut film that
has many cuts in a short time, and I run across a scene that
is difficult to correct, I use a technique I learned when
taking examinations in school, which is to skip over the
scene that is giving me problems and return to it later.
I'm curious to hear if other colorists do this.  It also
allows me to apply, later retrspectively, other corrections
in a larger 'library' of settings to the scene in question.

It is similar to the idea that when you're taking a test in
school, it is often best to read through the entire exam
before filling in the answers.

--Rob
colorist, unix admin, tig