[tig] technique shared

Rob Lingelbach rob
Thu Jul 31 20:36:32 BST 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 12:26:33PM -0700, Mellissa Manzagol wrote:

> slightly modified to fit.  I do that frequently, especially when the
> geography of the scene is not fully revealed in the first shots.

right, skipping over a shot of, for example, a hand lifting
a coffee cup, instead to correct the wider shot showing the
people at the table and the waitress, so you don't get in
trouble later trying to match a wide shot to a closeup,
which is almost always a bad idea.   It would be sort of
like shooting the closeups first and then setting up the
wide, in production.

My specific thing here was when i hit a scene that has me
flummoxed, after trying a few different approaches none of
which seem to work, coming back to it later almost always
solves.  And when you take the bar exam, or the SAT,
whatever, that is also a good technique, when you're hung
up.

Rob Lingelbach
colorist, unix admin, tig