[tig] Noise Reducer problem

Richard Torpey rtorpey
Wed Jul 9 22:16:36 BST 2003

You did check fans/filters?

Rich Torpey
Rhinoceros/MultiVideo Group
50 East 42 Street
New York, NY 10017
(212) 986-1577
(212) 972-0702 fax

-----Original Message-----
From: tig-admin at tig.colorist.org [mailto:tig-admin at tig.colorist.org] On
Behalf Of jeffh
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 4:46 PM
To: tig
Subject: [tig] Noise Reducer problem

TIG TWiki collaborative project is at http://tig.colorist.org.
Thanks to Ken Chambliss for support.

Hello...I am using a BTS MNR 11 with a Quadra FDL and daVinci 888.  From
time to time, I get these horizontal
glitches/noise/dots/lines/whatever-else-you-want-to-call-them appearing
in the signal path; this is definitely not a problem with the telecine
or color-corrector - it is the NR.  We called BTS (now apparently GV)
and the tech over there says it is a temperature issue; there are these
Sony modules which are used with each of the boards in the NR; when they
get too hot this problem occurs.  Apparently this is a known problem; it
seems as if we are not by any means the first to experience this.  We
were told to make sure the NR is kept cool; we are subsequently putting
in place a panel of fans to see if this alleviates the problem by
keeping the NR temperature down.

I was wondering if there was anyone else out there that has/had an MNR
11, and if anyone has seen this before, and what, if anything was done
to help the situation.

Thanks much in advance.

--
No marketing or advertising on the tig.  (help wanted ads excepted)
Send such submissions to rob at calarts.edu
For contributions see http://tig.colorist.org the "make a donation"
button or http://colorist.org/tig3/info.html#money