[tig] ITK millenium, keylink, puck slippage

Laurence laurence
Thu Jul 17 12:21:18 BST 2003

Hi,

Many, many hours of dealing with this problem mean I can offer the
following suggestions:

1.	Make sure there is nothing else connected to the biphase output
of the Millenium. I had to build a simple biphase distribution
amplifier, which was based on the 7667 driver IC. It pulls hard up to 5v
and hard down to ground for each cycle. This also ensures no pulses are
dropped if the transport stops and then changes direction.
2.	Keep the Capstan Puck clean (It is a pain-but cleaning almost
every roll can be necessary)
3.	Check the MetaSpeed acceleration. A low figure (usually around
20 for 35mm and 18 for 16mm) ensures reliable editing and no phase
errors.
4.	Check the spool acceleration. This is in an ITK-added MetaSpeed
Menu (CTRL-A If memory serves). The tension arms should hardly move on
ramp-up.
5.	Does your Millenium have the film roller to the right of the
gate at the same height (symmetrical) to the one on the left? There is a
modified roller bracket which lowers this roller to increase wrap around
the Capstan Puck.
6.	Check for latest MetaSpeed software
7.	Simple one, make sure the gate guides are free-sprung and not
loose in any direction. I have found guides which can catch the film
edge when loose

Laurence