[tig] Film Cleaners

Craig Leffel craig
Thu Jul 24 20:30:27 BST 2003

Hello out there in picture land -

I have a question about alcohol based film cleaners. We have a Lipsner Smith alcohol based film cleaner ( I forget which model ). I would like to move it into the same room as the "clean room" the Spirit is in. However, some paranoia has ensued about xenon bulbs and flammability and the general boy notion of blowing things up. I know of some companies even here in Chicago placing these both in the same room -- but I would love to hear from some others. Any worries?  Any fun anecdotes about blowing things up? Any funny anecdotes about anything other than the old days.....?

Thanks in advance --

Craig Leffel
Optimus
Chicago