[tig] Film Cleaners

Marc Wielage mfw
Thu Jul 24 21:45:37 BST 2003

On 7/24/03 12:30 PM, "Craig Leffel" <craig at opt1mus.com> wrote on the TIG

> I have a question about alcohol based film cleaners. We have a Lipsner Smith
> alcohol based film cleaner ( I forget which model ). I would like to move it
> into the same room as the "clean room" the Spirit is in.
>-----------------------------<snip>----------------------------<

That doesn't sound like a very wise idea to me, Craig.  Most film cleaners
release a certain amount of chemicals in the air, and I can't believe the
residue will do delicate circuit boards any good (particularly in a
sensitive beast like the Spirit).

Ditto with human lungs.  I say keep the cleaner in a broom closet down the
hall -- preferably one well-ventilated and away from people.  In fact, for
all I know, it may be against OSHA regulations to have a film cleaner in a
place so close to humans.

--Marc Wielage/Cinesite Digital Imaging
  Hollywood, USA

[Note: the opinions expressed expressed above are strictly my own, and not
necessarily that of my employers.]