[tig] HDTV colour

David L. Tosh dlt
Wed Jul 30 15:47:19 BST 2003

At 11:10 AM -0700 7/29/03, James DeLuca wrote:
>...We've standardized on YELLOW Belden 1694A.

Who was it that said "The great thing about standards is that there
are so many of them." ?

My standard has always been black. With the upcoming generation of
serial digital serial interface chips, bit rates from 270 - 1485
Mb/sec can exist on the same connector. There are routers today that
can handle HD and SD in the same matrix. Just as we don't worry about
the line standard (525/60 or 625/50) in standard definition, I can't
find any advantage to "overloading" cable color with particular
signal types. Should there be different colors for 720P and 1080P?

--

David Tosh
<dlt at earthlink.net>