[tig] Context for "Cable Labels"

Jeff Booth jeff.booth
Wed Jul 30 17:30:17 BST 2003

Holy Jesus! What have I started!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Lingelbach [mailto:rob at colorist.org]
Sent: 30 July 2003 16:49
To: David L. Tosh
Cc: TIG
Subject: Re: [tig] Context for "Cable Labels"

TIG TWiki collaborative project is at http://tig.colorist.org.
Craig Nichols supports the TIG.

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 08:29:38AM -0700, David L. Tosh wrote:

> Booth's request of information about cable colour standards. A branch
> on that thread (whoa, seriously mixed metaphors) seemed indicated

which indicates more of the trees of that forest would have
been available if one had only been able to assume root
priveleges.

> when Dan Stark parenthetically asked about cable labeling information
> density.

as written in the fable:
had he been able to label said cables, the color might have
been sable.

> Be prepared for a few more confusing cross-postings as "reply to all"
> buttons are abused 'round the world.

yes, it's in the tig etiquette section, the reminder to
double-check the headers.  After what, 15 years of sending
messages via networks I still make mistakes when i'm in a
hurry.

> And while I'm ranting, there are those 15 (slight exaggeration)  "Out
> of Office" auto-replies that cluttered up my in box seconds after
> posting...

thankfully the more well-configured MUAs (mail user agents)
are now detecting which headers of destination addresses
also contain those of mailinglilsts, and will not send the
autoresponse to the list.  Your personal address will not be
immune to such responses, but the better MUAs will allow you
to filter on just about anything, so consider filtering out
the autoreplies.

--Rob
colorist, unix admin, tig

--
No marketing or advertising on the tig.  (help wanted ads excepted)
Send such submissions to rob at calarts.edu
or http://colorist.org/tig3/info.html#money

Soho Images Film Laboratory Digital Post, 8 - 14 Meard Street, London W1F 0EQ
tel: (+44) 020 7437 0831  fax: (+44) 020 7734 9471 web: http://www.sohoimages.com
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose the e-mail or any part of its contents or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender by replying to this message. All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail. Soho 601 Images Film Laboratory Digital Post cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments and recommend that you subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to use.