(not tk-related Re: [Tig] HDcam is cool b/c it's 3% cheaper...)

Rob Lingelbach rob
Tue Jun 3 03:15:00 BST 2003

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 06:48:29PM -0700, Rob Lingelbach wrote:
> And tell me
> the compressed TDMA audio of cellphones is better than the
> original analog system.

excuse me for going a little off telecine but I sent the
following to the onion (http://www.onion.com) today and
thought I'd share it with the tig.

--
Dear The Onion:
I know you don't accept unsolicited material but I offer

HOMELESS GAIN NEW RESPECT THRU PHANTOM CELLPHONES

Los Angeles, June 2 - The world's homeless are finding
themselves the objects of a new respect from various
quarters as they appear to be talking into phantom cellular
telephones, when actually they are talking to themselves.
"The only difference between the homeless person talking to
himself and the typical cellular user on the street is the
frequency in use" says communications expert and science
authority Arthur Clarke.  "One could easily promote a
talkative homeless person to the position of a top executive
with multiple tasks at hand."  <etc.>

--Rob Lingelbach
TIG founder-coadmin
colorist