[Tig] sync gen question.

Erik Utter eriku
Tue Jun 3 22:46:27 BST 2003

You only need the 6Hz pulse if you are running in dual sync mode.

Erik Utter

-----Original Message-----
From: tig-admin at tig.colorist.org [mailto:tig-admin at tig.colorist.org]On
Behalf Of Michael Burton
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 2:22 PM
To: Rob Lingelbach; tig at snowball.calarts.edu
Subject: RE: [Tig] sync gen question.

CJ Scheppers supports the tig.

Theoretically you could do without a tri-level sync generator by running the
Spirit on internal sync. This is very limiting however as you cannot
reliably down-convert. The 2K only locks to incoming video, so it won't be a
problem, however to get the 2KTLC (or external TLC2) to operate correctly
you will need at the least a 6Hz generator locked to your NTSC reference.

The easiest way to do this is with an Evertz 7000 system tri-level card
which gives tri-level 48hz as well as bi-level 6hz and can be gen-locked to
an external 525 reference.

The HDCAM will lock to the system tri-level, or you can leave the reference
in AUTO mode and it will also lock to incoming video.

Michael Burton
Operations Manager / Director
Cutting Edge Post
Brisbane, Australia