[tig] Yellow cast/tint in a lens

C.J. Scheppers cjs
Tue Jun 24 17:33:10 BST 2003

On another email list which pertains to camera and lens repair, they
mentioned exposing the glass of the lens to sunlight or UV light for a week
or two.  'Seems that some of the Nikkor lenses became tinted with age and
the sunlight or UV would bleach out that tint.  If the weather doesn't
provide the sunlight, some techs use a UV lamp of some kind in a box or
cabinet.

C.J. Scheppers