acronyms (was Re: [Tig] HD distribution?)

James DeLuca james_deluca
Mon Mar 3 19:42:19 GMT 2003

From: Tom Tcimpidis (mog-ur)
to:  Rob Lingelbach & Lucas Wilson
 >>....DRM..., ...WM9..., ...NLE..., ...MPEG4.., ...MPEG...?????
GLOSSARY needed!?

DRM: Digital Rights Management
NLE: Non Linear Editing
WM9: Windows Media (Player) 9
MPEG: Moving Picture Experts Group (it comes in different versions from
     1 through [currently] 4).  It is the name of a family of standards used
     for coding audio-visual information (e.g., movies, video, music) in a
     digital compressed format.

WAKE UP guys! You are using the system with the best/up-to-date
glossary research tool ever.
I keep a GOOGLE add-on toolbar on IE. I can get an answer to my
mnemonic queries in seconds (faster than I could look them up).
I've seen (but not lately) browser add-ons that allow you to
highlight a word then right-click and search. Imagine the work
to maintain such a beast? Thanks to the IT gods for search engines.

Jim "not beholdin' to anyone" DeLuca, Crest