[Tig] Telecine 101

Jeff Booth jeff.booth
Tue Mar 4 09:14:45 GMT 2003

I recall once that a (BBC) TK operator once transmitted a Marx Brothers film
with the reels in the wrong order. Nobody noticed.

We bought the offending operator a counting book for Christmas.

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Cooper [mailto:geoffc at molinare.co.uk]
Sent: 04 March 2003 07:46
To: tig at tig.alegria.com
Subject: RE: [Tig] Telecine 101

Filmlight (http://www.filmlight.ltd.uk) supports the tig.

Jeff,

My 1st Telecine thrill was live TX of Saturday morning Laurel & Hardy 4(?)
reelers aged just 19.
Phoning my Mum and racking the pic's up & down to prove it was me!

Those cue dots used to fall off sometimes - giving an big adrenaline rush
when forced to manually run machine, a little later than required!!

I remember seeing "Gone With The Wind" cans stacked up, mid '70's ready for
TX/transfer.
How many cans would that have been?
Is it the longest film?

Anybody else got old TX stories?

Geoff Cooper
Molinare
London

--
No marketing or advertising on the tig.  (help wanted ads excepted)
Send such submissions to rob at alegria.com

Soho 601 Images Film Laboratory Digital Post, 8 - 14 Meard Street, London W1F 0EQ
tel: (+44) 020 7437 0831  fax: (+44) 020 7734 9471 web: http://www.sohoimages.com
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose the e-mail or any part of its contents or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender by replying to this message. All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail. Soho 601 Images Film Laboratory Digital Post cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments and recommend that you subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to use.