[Tig] TK101: Marx brothers

Jeff Booth jeff.booth
Tue Mar 4 16:25:34 GMT 2003

The date is uncannily correct!!!

And you are quite correct, one reel was shown twice.

OK an extra 50 points for the title...!

From: Roddy Pratt [mailto:roddy at rascular.com]
Sent: 04 March 2003 13:42
To: tig at tig.alegria.com
Subject: [Tig] TK101: Marx brothers

Filmlight (http://www.filmlight.ltd.uk) supports the tig.

>  I recall once that a (BBC) TK operator once transmitted a Marx Brothers
film
>  with the reels in the wrong order. Nobody noticed.

ALMOST nobody noticed....

I remember watching this in the wee small hours after an evenings liquid
entertainment
while at university in '79 or '80.

The reel order went 1,3,2,3,4, or similar. He actually showed one reel
twice.

This is the first confirmation that I wasn't imagining things 23 years ago.
It's been bugging me ever since!

Regards,
	Roddy

Rascular Technology Ltd.
The Oak House
Whitcott Keysett
Clun, Craven Arms
SY7 8QE
UK

http://www.rascular.com

--
No marketing or advertising on the tig.  (help wanted ads excepted)
Send such submissions to rob at alegria.com

Soho 601 Images Film Laboratory Digital Post, 8 - 14 Meard Street, London W1F 0EQ
tel: (+44) 020 7437 0831  fax: (+44) 020 7734 9471 web: http://www.sohoimages.com
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose the e-mail or any part of its contents or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender by replying to this message. All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail. Soho 601 Images Film Laboratory Digital Post cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments and recommend that you subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to use.