[Tig] (tales)

Rob Lingelbach caltech
Thu Mar 6 10:51:58 GMT 2003

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 01:08:56AM -0800, Marc Wielage wrote:

> I'm the only guy I know who's brave enough to grab a Magnetech when it goes
> off into high-speed rewind with a 2000' reel of mag, and safely bring it to
> a stop without killing myself or ripping the film, all with my bare hands.

eh you call that brave eh?

I observed, one day in 1983, the Magnetech go into lightspeed
rewind due to sticky tape on supply side, had time to get up
calmly from chair, walk into machine room, observe top supply
split reel unthread itself, and when front plate of split
frisbeed off across the room caught it in midair with one hand.

Rob Lingelbach
TIG coadmin
rob at calarts.edu