[Tig] (tales)

Marc Wielage mfw
Thu Mar 6 12:37:13 GMT 2003

Rob Lingelbach <caltech at calarts.edu> wrote on the TIG list:

> and when front plate of split
> frisbeed off across the room caught it in midair with one hand.

Yeah, but Ralph Eck (who I think is still a colorist over at Digital Image
or whatever they're now calling the old Compact Video) remembers the time
around 1978 when a full 3000' 35mm feed reel fell off the top of a Simplex
projector in the middle of a transfer -- I had forgotten to snap the
hold-down clamp on tight -- and hit me right smack on the head.

Embarrassing and painful.

I haven't been the same since.

--Marc "I got a million of 'em" Wielage/Cinesite Digital Imaging
  Hollywood, USA

[Note: the opinions expressed expressed above are strictly my own, and not
necessarily that of my employers.]