[Tig] Suite Matrix style

Alex Pimentel alex
Fri Mar 7 14:17:11 GMT 2003

I just read this and it gave me a crazy idea with a telecine suite
with no big monitors at all, just personal ones for every one
in the suite.....

Disclaimer: I have no personal or business conections with that
company but, I will take comission if they want to pay me....

Alex Pimentel
Casablanca
Sao Paulo - Brazil

AccuScene will be showing its new, 2 inch, progressive, 1280 x 720 (in
16:9), 24 bit color, portable Personal Monitor for HD cameras at NAB.

We believe this offers a solution to many of the separate problems
discussed on the HD list:-

1)      Colorimetry; the monitor is illuminated by LED's, offering a
much longer and more stable life than CRT's and lamps, plus a wider
color gamut that encompasses the full range of colors available from
film stock. The gamut can be adjusted to taste by the user (we offer
full control over Gamma curves and 3D arbitrary input to output color
space transforms by using a pc based GUI and then downloading to the
monitor via a serial cable). Simpler controls, via pull down menus on
the unit itself, are available for on-set changes.
2)      Portability - the hand held display/optics section weighs only
1.7lbs. This is on the end of a cable that can be as long as 4 metres
from the control/interface box.
3)      Clarity - the resolution of the display is about the same as a
20 inch broadcast monitor, with no smearing, virtually no image
artefacts and less than 2 frames of image processing latency. We have
proved to our own satisfaction that the image is suitable for accurately
judging focus.
4)      Daylight viewing - since the monitor is brought to the eye and
has a rubber eyecup there is no issue with external incident light
affecting the perceived color, brightness or contrast.
5)      Progressive display - the unit will accept all common input
field/frame speeds in interlaced, segmented frame or progressive modes -
23.98; 24; 25; 29.97; 30; 50; 59.94 and 60 psf. The first action of the
interface unit, if necessary, is to de-interlace or de-segment the
fields. Thereafter it displays progressively

We are confident this display technology will be a significant step
forward for HD camera users.