[Tig] NYC SMPTE Meeting Fuji & Kodak 3/31/2003

Rich Torpey rich
Sun Mar 16 17:15:28 GMT 2003

New and Exciting Film Technologies

DATE:
Monday, 31 March 2003
NOTE  DATE!!!!

LOCATION:
Alliance Fran?aise
55 East 59th Street (Madison-Park)
Enter @ Florence Gould Hall Boxoffice
SUBWAY: 4/5/6/F/N/R/W to 59th Street

TIME:
5:00 PM Refreshments and social hour
Sponsored by Fujifilm and Kodak
6:00 PM Technical presentation

                                                  ~ PROGRAM ~

Presenters:

Fuji Reala 500D:
Mac Jibiki, Fujifilm

Fuji Reala 500D has been developed utilizing " fourth color technology"
to further expand the choice of locations for film shooting.

Kodak 5218 500T Color Negative Film:
David Long, Eastman Kodak

With the design of Vision2 500T Color Negative Film, Kodak has
introduced film technology optimized for both the traditional optical
and digital
post-production worlds.

While resolution and grain improvements comprise a big part of the
advancements offered by this new technology, film sensitometry and color
reproduction have
also been carefully engineered to facilitate improvements in neutral
scale control and digital post-production productivity. And all of this
is made possible by
silver halide technologies that significantly reduce grain and
film-building technologies that shape a new standard of photographic
performance in a world of
hybrid applications.

TEST MATERIALS:
Ed Schuller, NY Section SMPTE Test Material Advisor

But wait, there's more!!! Ed Schuller, our acclaimed Test Materials
Advisor, will be displaying 3 standard leaders and will explain the
difference between them.
Says Ed, "I will announce the new 35mm Theatrical Projection Leader,
recently issued by the SMPTE Headquarters Test Materials Department. I
will also show
the original Academy leader and the SMPTE 35mm Universal Leader. I plan
to briefly talk about the origins of the Academy leader, the reason for
developing the
SMPTE Universal Leader and the reason for developing the new Theatrical
Leader."

See:
http://www.mte.com/nysmpte/meetings/mtg0303.htm
for updates.