[Tig] frame rate psychology

Rob Lingelbach rob
Tue Mar 18 14:59:22 GMT 2003

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 02:43:24PM +0000, Dick Hobbs wrote:
> England). I think it was developed in conjunction with UK Channel 4, but
> that might be my memory playing tricks.
>
> Anyway, as Ian says, it is something that is taken seriously over here.

I'm not sure if there is only one effect, from 12fps frame rates
or if there are several different effects attributable to various
frame rates' influence on the brain.  As there are negative
effects perhaps there are positive ones at other frequencies?

I was in a band in Paris in the early 1970's and we played at a
party for a radio DJ, Jose' Artur who hosted a show called Le Pop
Club, and there were strobe lights set at different rates.  I got
kind of sick but they thought it was part of the show.

--
Rob Lingelbach
rob at calarts.edu
rob at colorist.org