[Tig] statistics pages interest - inventor of tv

Robert Lovejoy rlovejoy
Thu Mar 20 11:36:02 GMT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adrian Thomas" <adrian at autotv.co.uk>
> you seem to be neglecting the fact that it was John Logie Baird that
> transmitted TV first.

I guess I was talking about the invention itself, not the transmission
thereof.  There were in fact many contributors to TV as we know it.  Baird
certainly has a high place in the pantheon of television development, but it
was Nipkow who first conceived a method for television.  Unfortunately, he
was too far ahead of his time, and it was the later pioneers, including
Baird, who bought television as we know it to fruition.

As Rob said, we've been through this before not too long ago.

Peace,
Bob Lovejoy