[Tig] manual framing

Rob Lingelbach rob
Tue Mar 25 01:12:38 GMT 2003

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 10:55:28AM -0600, Leffels wrote:

> Hmmm.  I only work with 3 other people who touch the machine.... have you
> tried screaming and stomping around like a small child? Occassionally, it
> seems to work. They tend to get the idea you're upset and they've cost you
> time.

Many years ago in a city on the river Hudson a man whose legacy
was hardening in the sands of time found his natural gift as a
colorist for telecine.  When it became apparent that multiple
other well-meaning but unpredictable humans had access to the
machinery he employed n the daytime, he endeavored to diminish
any consequences of inevitable morning surprises by locking the
chamber containing it.

Protests ensued and the policy changed, but 25 years later I
finally understand on a practical basis why he did that.
(it was Larry Siegal, Unitel)

Rob
TIG creator/coadmin
--