[Tig] I will not be `forgiven'

John Frey jwfrey
Fri Mar 28 13:28:53 GMT 2003

I was somewhat taken aback - no, lets make that aghast - at receiving the following:

===============================
On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 07:40:33PM -0500, John Frey wrote:
> It makes an American product, such as the Cineglyph, even more attractive.  Or a C-Reality.  The
Brits, after all, are steadfastly on our side.

John, i forgive you for posting this on the TIG but hope you
understand we can't use it for this extremely sensitive subject.

I believe there are many more than two sides to the invasion of
Iraq.

--
Rob Lingelbach
rob at colorist.org
http://colorist.org

This is an insult.  My post was a totally legitimate series of concerns with the continuing viability of a system that may be made  nsupportable by yet another set of circumstances completely outside our control.  As if we don't have enough of these already.  I have clients who are considering HD machines, and technical and subjective considerations aside, they would be completely justified in viewing me as ncompetent, ignorant, and plain stupid if I didn't address such issues in my due diligence.  It has nothing to do with Iraq, except for the short and long term business implications.  Anyone with liberal hypersensitivities shaken by this has mental health problems, and should seek help.

As for the fig leaf of supposedly keeping this list free of political comment, Bill Topazio, who I do respect,  posted:

>Based on the symptoms, do you think it's possible that George Bush also operates at 12fps?

Did we see any public censure for this?  No.  So not only are we NOT keeping the TIG apolitical, we are allowing undisguised anti administration smears to be posted with impunity.  And I have seen worse, again without any action.  Hypocrisy of the first order.

On the censorship issue, I am a Viet Nam vet, and will not be silenced by the thought police, here or anywhere else.  It this TIG is to be run like a Marxist reeducation camp, then you can unsubscribe me at your pleasure.  I don't find it particularly useful, anyway, consisting largely of vapid babbling by people who seem to have little of importance to say, and with too much time on their hands.  How to lace a telecine, and the color of streetlights, and other such drivel.  Perhaps this is a factor in so many of these companies evaporating recently.

I have tried to contribute substantively, to glazed over eyes, egotistic bloviation, and feral rants.  Whatever.  I'll be wasting less of my time doing that.  To reiterate, I will not be politically correct, and I will not bury my head in the sand over this, or any other issue.  Throw me off if you want.  It would only prove my point.

BTW - thanks to all who responded to my post off list.  Many thoughts were perceptive, and all are appreciated.  - Don't be so cowed next time...

jwf