[Tig] `forgiven', schmorgiven

Michael Orton mike
Sat Mar 29 18:46:05 GMT 2003

At 15:46 -0800 3/28/03, Martin Euredjian wrote:

>And, please, no more administrative minutia, reviews of Portuguese-language
>books, color of lights from airplanes, etc., etc.

Martin, as usual, I have to agree with almost everything you've said,
with the exception of the above paragraph. I believe that Rob, Rich
and friends have put enough hours and dollars into the TIG to earn
the right to occasionally digress into deep-space, and even to apply
what may at times seem to be arbitrary and capricious rules of
conduct.

To JWF: You are obviously an intelligent person (otherwise you
wouldn't subscribe to the TIG). You must surely agree that there are
many people who have diametrically opposing and vehement views about
"our" prosecution of the war.

Upon reflection, its probably best for the TIG to avoid inflammatory
confrontation about the subject: there's always someone who has a
different view, as I personally found after reposting an article
about 9/11: sure enough, one person did take issue with me offline,
despite almost universal revulsion to that attack.

(most of) the chips to France/Germany to solder onto the boards! A
Euro trade embargo, which is what I believe you were postulating,
would be what we Brits call "cutting off your nose to spite your
face".

On the other hand, there is a grain of truth to your thread:
Purchasing decisions based on geopolitical or ethnic reasons? Whoever
has heard of such a thing? Well, just about everyone. I remember some
colorist colleagues nix a small, purple, Thomson switcher because it
looked "too French".

Sacre Bleu!

Mike Orton

PS "Bloviation" was new to me too. Live and learn!
--
Weird Science Inc.
(310) 753-1362
worldwide e-mail SMS paging: 881631472987 at msg.iridium.com

http://www.weirdscience.tv
mailto: info at weirdscience.tv

"No race, country or individual has a monopoly of good or evil"

- Winston Spencer Churchill