[Tig] (no subject)

Jan & Eileen wb9iph
Sun May 4 19:11:13 BST 2003

I've seen something very similar. Probably some dirt landed on the light
pipe in 'skid plate light randomizer' blocking

the feedback for the light servo..

From: tig-admin at tig.colorist.org [mailto:tig-admin at tig.colorist.org] On
Behalf Of edwindino
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2003 1:00 PM
To: tig at tig.colorist.org
Subject: [Tig] (no subject)

Hi TIGers,

I was wondering if anybody out there can help me with a question. I'm
driving a 2K with a Spirit and from what I know even if you change the bulb
your session should look the same even after a couple of months, which is
the case here in our facility.  But twice in a couple of months our engineer
here cleaned the light path and and lenses and the grades seem to go wacky.
The blacks on the red and blue channels seems to lift up about 15% higher,
and its not really the same for each shot.  Its a real problem, bcos we do a
lot of feature restoration work, and sometimes we need to go back to the
session weeks after its final output for touch up. We output about 14 titles
a month from original camera neg which you can imagine is crazy and yes
warping on the Spirit is a bitch. I'd really appreciate any kind of help or
advice.

Edwin Van Huizen

Senior Colorist

Shaw Brothers Studios